Informed consent

An informed consent for HIV testing is a must in all testing sites. I can see in most international forms of informed consent that a documentation is needed with a client signature, if available. However, in VCT settings in Egypt for instnce,where anonymity is required as a natinal policy, written (documented) informed consent was in place but now is no more used while verbal informed consent is now used in all VCT models and approches. VCT office in the National AIDS Program (NAP) is now discussing issues of documenting the informed consent while some openions suggest that written consent is of no value as long as the service is anonymous. Anonymity will still be the standard because of cultural sensitivity of HIV/AIDS and the question is how could we document the informed consent and is it acceptable to have it verbally ?

I hop i could clearly state my problem as the VCT officer at the NAP and want to have a clear, internationally accepted and final answer to that.

I am not sure I would be the final answer. Many states in the US are grappling with the US CDC recommendations for opt-out testing. However, over time, written informed consent is likely to go away. I suggest you look at the CDC guideline statement on their website.

How often I see my doctor
What does full positive mean?