VIREAD AND HBV

Hello Dr. Holodniy,

My gastroenterologist put me on viread to treat my HBV. It is the first time i am taking meds. Given that Viread is new as an HBV option - is it wise to be on it instead of Hepsera. Given that the long-term effect of it on HBV is relatively unknown.Other than studies 102 & 103 is there any other stuy that makes Viread a surefire?

thanks doctor

The results of those studies which were just published in the New England Journal of Medicine a couple of weeks ago, clearly show the effectiveness of viread. Those of us who treat HIV patients have been using this med to successfully treat patients for HIV infection and concomitant HBV infection for years.

No cd4 checking Instrument
I would like to start treatment