Dec 14, 2008
I found out an ex is HIV+ and has been for a long time. We had unprotected sex and I've had other risky behavior. I'm HIV Negative...and I can not imagine how after everything. I'm grateful. Which leads to my questions: are there people protected from hiv infection? are there research projects going where someone like me can help?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, there are known (and I am sure unknown at this time) genetic traits that can reduce the likelihood of someone getting HIV infection. There have been studies looking at what these factors might be.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginitis Cause Vaginal Sores?
- How Do You Get Rid Of A Vaginal Staph Infection?
- Video Of Cervical Cerclage Procedure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.