|convert IU/ml to copies/ml
Dec 14, 2008
I was getting lab report with copies/ml but since 2005, it became IU/ml. I need to compare my test result. Could you please let me know what the following result equivelant of copies/ml?
HEB B DNA Quant by PCR. Result: 449 IU/ml (2.65 log IU/ml)
Thank you very much!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 IU = 5.6 copies. So in your case, about 2500 copies/mL.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Antibiotics Are Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- Western Blot Blood Test For Herpes
- Transmission Of Hpv Amongst Gay Men
- Time Lapse For Genital Herpes Infection
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.