abnormal viral count

Hello Dr Holodniy,

last year my viral count was about 1.5m iu/mL using pcr. I had another test last month and my result shows 4,000,000,000 copies/mL(using NGI super Quant). I have not undergone any treatment between tests. Can you help me to interpret of the current result relative to my last result. My ALT was 45 - now it is 135 and my AST was 75 now it is 335. I am wanting to believe the test is flawed or is it within a realm of possibility for the numbers to jump that high in a year.If you are treating me what approach will you take. I am meeting with a hepatologist who recommended i go on Adefovir last year - I am not sure what questions to ask him. Please help me to stay alive.

thanks

It is not exactly clear what infection you are talking about, but if the doctor is recommending adefovir then it must be hepatitis b virus infection. HBV usually causes very high viral loads. It sounds like two different assays may have been used, so it is hard to compare results directly. Without knowing all the information it sounds like there might be some further inflammation in the liver given those liver enzyme increases. Adefovir is not an unreasonable choice for HBV treatment.

I need help, from Russia (part 2)
Low Platelets