Dec 7, 2008
Could HIV re-infection cause my CD4% to drop from a stable 36% to 20%? My VL's have been in the 200 - 1500 range for the past two years. I don't take any medication but the nurse practitioner I saw on my recent visit to review my labs thinks I should start. Current CD4% is 20% and VL is 794. Current CD4 is 394, lower from 621 16 months ago at a 36% CD4%. Having to take medication is going to depress me even more. I don't want to start.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If on repeat the same lower numbers are found, I would recommend starting HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Aids Be Passed On By Two Hiv Negative Gay Men?
- What Is The Dose Of Remeron For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Painless Sores In Mouth And Hiv
- How Soon Dry Cough Develops In Newly Hiv Positive Person?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Cause Hearing Loss?
- Candidiasis Infection Treatment With Doxycycline?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.