First Time test of CD4 and viral load

Hello and Thank you for your time at this great resources web site. I am a 49 years old male. I spent the past four years in deployment with US Army overseas. I found out that I am HIV + October 29, 2008. The doctor told me I need to get a CD4 and VL test as soon as possible. I did the TEST on 11/17/2008 and got the result today. My CD4 is 332 and the VL is 34600. I have been under so much stress. I have not told my wife or children about it and that is eating me up. I am scared and do not know where to start. Should I retest CD4 and VL? When should I start treatment? Thank you for your help.

Always good to get another set of numbers to establish your baseline. Given those current numbers, HIV treatment would be recommended. You will ned to inform your wife and she will need to get tested.

Ecomer and HIV
Declining WBC