Nov 30, 2008
When a tcell count is done do they measure all white blood cells or just the healthy ones. Also what is the half-life of a P24 antigen?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
They measure all the t cells, whether they are HIV infected or not. The half life of p24 antigen is on the order of days to weeks, given that it is a protein.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
- Does Hepatitis C Delay Hiv Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.