Nov 28, 2008
WHICH IS THE MOST HIV INFECTED GENDER ?
Response from Dr. McGowan
Where? In the world about 50% (one half) of all people with HIV are women. In subsaharan Africa they are the majority (about 60%). In the US there are more men than women by more than 2 to 1. Both sexes can be affected...it is a matter of exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- Can Gonorrhea Be Transmitted Through Kissing?
- Chance Of False Negative Elisa
- Chances Of Getting Hiv Through One Anal Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.