|fatty liver vs hep c
Nov 23, 2008
i used to wt 149, ht 5ft 4' and after contracting hep c in 2000... today, I wt 220lb, will this cause futher damage of accelurate my hep c condition with cirrosis to the liver? if so, I don't have the energy to work out at this time, what is wrong with a lap band if my insurance can pay for it?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The weight gain in and of itself won't necessarily affect the HCV infection, but the resultant potential for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, among other medical problems could certainly affect liver function. You need to discuss the alternatives for weight reduction with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.