CD4/CD8 Ratio profile
Nov 23, 2008
I recently did some blood work and my CD4/CD8 ratio show that i my Absolute CD 4 Helper is 768, % CD 4 Pos. Lymph is 32.0, Abs. CD 8 suppressor is 1157 (high), % CD 8 Pos. Lymph is 48.2 (High), and the CD4/CD8 ratio is 0.66. Please could you explain to me in layman's words what these figures mean? I have not started meds yet. Thank you for your quick response.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your CD4 count and percent are in the normal range and your CD8 count and percent are increased as a natural reaction to HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.