negative hpv test but hpv like in biopsy

I recently had a pap that came back positive for epithelial cell abnormality and atypical glandular cells. So I had the colposcopy, endocervical scraping, and was again given a pap and also this time a test for hpv. The ecc came back with features of hpv from detached ectocervical cells. The biopsy came back as low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion with features of hpv. My pap came back normal and negative for hpv. What is going on? I thought that the hpv test was 96% effective for determining whether a person has hpv.

Factors such as sampling location and the exact test performed to determine presence of HPV can lead to such results.

Is there a "normal" CD4 recovery rate?
Starting early with treatment