t4 receptors

Since t4 cells have receptors that hiv binds what does hiv have that causes this binding? Can any part of hiv surface bind to a t4 receptor? Is this binding process purely a chemical reaction? I have noticed over the last ten years when my lipids are high so is my vl. Is there a connection between the two since the virus surface is comprised of lipids?

Great questions. HIV has a very specific genetic sequence (and therefore structure) of its envelop protein that binds to the CD4 receptor in a tight lock-and-key way. The relationship between your lipids and HIV viral load is not directly related to HIV lipid content. It is likely related to an inflammatory response associated with high viral replication.

Unusual Results
Is there a "normal" CD4 recovery rate?