|HCV Viral Load
Nov 15, 2008
Recent Blood work showed a viral count of 2080000 Test name HCV,RNA,qn,RealTime PCR Also Alpha-Fetoprotein, Tumor Marker 14.80 Please explain these results if you can.Thank you R.R.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is likely you have chronic HCV infection and your HCV viral load is about average. You have a slightly elevated AFP level, and this could be associated with liver inflammation or liver cancer caused by HCV. You need to be evaluated by a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Eating Something With Infected Blood On It?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Blistering?
- Where Do Genital Herpes Appear?
- What Is The Test Called Where They Check For You Chlamydia?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.