high cd4 count, low cd4%
Nov 15, 2008
I got recently hiv infected in august 2008 and I had my first labs done in the first week of november with results of: cd4 count:463,cd4%:13, cd8:2778, and vl:58717. I don't understand why I have such a low % compared to the absolute count. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The CD4% could be reduced because of acute infection. I would expect it to increase at least up to about 20% or more. If on repeat it continues to stay down, you may need to consider HIV treatment sooner rather than later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Do Hpv Warts On A Vagina Look Like?
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.