Nov 2, 2008
How bad off am I and how much do u think the counts have decreased and increased? my Cd4 count is 53 and my viral 69,810 that was in july and I just got those labs. more to be done for recent. I havent been on meds.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If 53 is the absolute count of CD4 cells and not the percent, then that means an AIDS diagnosis that is relatively advanced and puts you at risk for opportunistic infections. You need to start some antibiotics to protect you from these infections and also start HIV treatment ASAP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Person With Hiv Can Become A Nurse?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Breast Milk?
- Hiv Symptoms Swollen Lymph Nodes
- Are White Spots On Upper Lip A Sign Of Hiv?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Hiv Transmission With Undetectable Viral Load
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.