How are rapid progressors identified?

I was infected just 3 years ago. No resistance to any meds as per the G/P test. In the last 3 months I have kept check, my CD numbers have dropped from 502 (May 29) to 376 (July 19) to 226 (October 9) and my VL has increased from 8,000 to 50,000 to 111,000. % has not budged still hovering at around 19%, although I do not take any comfort from that as that can't really last much longer on this pattern. When I read the standard literature on AIDS, it seems to suggest I am progressing to AIDS at twice the normal rate. Why am I not a normal progressor? I am very concerned because I am still working my way through the bureaucracy for the Merck Phase III trial on Isentress for the treatment naive, but I am wondering whether I am wasting precious time and risking a serious opportunistic infection at any time while I wait. Should I ask the doctor to scap my participation in the trial and start taking Atripla immediately? immediately.

You are correct to worry about the trend. Progression is complex and is related to the type of virus you were infected by, and your underlying genetics. Although isentress is already approved for people who are HIV treatment experienced, the data from clinical trials looks very good when it is used up front in people's first regimen. I would likely recommend starting treatment now and Atripla is a good choice.

HEP C Results
Atripla and Undetectable