How Important is a CD% number

I was diagnosed one month ago with HIV. After my second round of blood tests my VL is 473 and my CD4 is 484. When I asked what my CD% was the doctor told me that becuase of the limited funds they receive from the state they do not run that test as it is expensive. My question is, how important is it to know the CD% and where can I get one done if it is an importnat number to know.

Although the CD4% is usually a more stable number over time, and is quite helpful to resolve CD4 count changes that might be confusing the clinical picture, it is not absolutely required for clinical monitoring. It is curious though how the CD4 counts are being obtained without also getting the CD4%.

viral load
Slightly Confused on Percents