|Ratio of Tcells to Viral Load
Oct 5, 2008
I have a general question. My boyfriend and I are both poz. My vload is 29K with cd4 of 220. His vload is around 85K with a cd4 of 480.
Is it normal for someone with a high viral load to also have a high cd4 count, or conversely, with a lower viral load to also have a low cd4 count?
Is there any relation between the 2 numbers?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is not that much relation between the two numbers. So to answer your question, yes, you can see the scenarios you describe. It depends on the viral strain and underlying immune system one has, as well as whether other medical conditions might be contributing to the situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Long Does It Take Before Gonorrhea Causes Prostatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.