cd4 count tested over 1000 in my last test and has dropped by 100 in my recent test , is this normal
Oct 5, 2008
During my last test my CD4 count tested over 1000 and my recent test it has dropped to 900, is this normal. I am taking my meds regularly and I don't know whether this is normal or am I starting to form resistants to my meds. HELP!!!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your HIV viral load results are. Assuming your viral load is undetectable, no worries. There is a natural variation in CD4 absolute count. That number is still within the normal range. I also bet your CD4% is stable, which is a more stable number over time compared to the absolute CD4 count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hep C Be Naturally Cleared?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.