Sep 27, 2008
Dear Dr. I am very glad to see this website full of usefull information. Kindly note that i am infected with HIV 3 years ago, I never took the HIV treatment. Today i got this result for the first time, never did this test before:
No. of CD3+ Cells/ul 82.12(percent) 1299.69 No. of CD8+ cells/ul 67.58 1069.62 No of CD4+ cells/ul = 10.94 173.11 CD4/CD8 ratio = 0.16
I would like to hear your opinion, and do u think i have to begin HIV treatment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your CD4 count is 173 and your CD4% is 11%. This gives you an AIDS diagnosis. You need to start HIV treatment now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Blood In Urine After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.