Diet recommendations to help CD4?

My husband was dxed in March after a bout of PCP with a VL of 110,000 and CD4 of 7. He has been on Atripla for 4 months. His VL is now 51. After 6 weeks the CD4 was 184. But then it dropped to 128 and 108 in the next to blood tests. Are there any recommendations for diet or supplements that might help improve his count? He is 47.

Generally, a good diet and a multivitamin, along with consistently taking HIV meds will do the trick. There may be some variability in the absolute CD4 count, but I suspect the CD4% has not decreased. The CD4% is a much more stable number over time. I think you will see the CD4 count continue to rise over the next several weeks. However, if the viral load starts to rise (and he is taking his meds) in the face of the CD4 count declining then something else is going on (like drug resistance) and a modification of the regimen would be called for.

decrease of cd4
homeopathis medicine