CD4% and Selenium

Hello Dr. Holodniy, A few months ago I wrote you that me and my HIV+ partner have been daily taking Green Tea and 200g Selenium supplements. He has been at least 8 years in the undetectable virus stadium and his CD4 count has increased over the last year from 550, 580, 638, 618 and today 583 since taking the extra supplements. I take the supplements as a preventive program I use myself, living with an HIV+ partner. Last time, you asked me about his CD4%. I have that information now; 41%, 38%, 40%, 43%, and today 39%. I work as a Biochemistry/Toxicology Lab Tech and have studying alternative ways to improve the Immune System and Block HIV from Spreading. I have learned that Green Tea supplements block HIV from entering T-Cells at the gp-120 receptor and also prevents Reverse Transcriptase. Selenium strengthens the cell wall, reduces Free Radicals, binds with metals and boosts Killer cells, T-Cells and Macrophages. Both Selenium and Green Tea work in synergy. Also I am Circumsized at birth (i.e.; before puberty) - Apparently, that is a strong protector against infection, as well. My question is what are your thoughts on us having unprotected sex if I am the active partner??? He is worried, as he does not want to risk infecting me - I can understand this, as he has been positive for 13 years. But, my reasoning is that the virus would have to be "Superman" to come out of its dormant state... surpass the drugs he is taking daily..surpass his undetectable status.. surpass the Green Tea and Selenium he takes...surpass my circumsision... and then to finally surpass my Green Tea and Selenium blocks I take daily. Aren't the chances of me becoming infected EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY LOW???? On this website, even, I have read about 50 couples in Africa where the circumsized at birth husbands were HIV- and the wives were HIV+. NOT ONE of the men contracted the virus. And they did not have the added protection of the supplements. Your thoughts are appreciated. My friend's doctor tells us in the unprotected stadium, a person is not infectious.

Thank you!

Thanks for the follow-up on the numbers. That is indeed interesting, and perhaps a placebo controlled study would be in order to see if this works in more people. I could never recommend unprotected sex between discordant couples, or for a couple where both are HIV infected for that matter. The risk may be low, but it is not zero.

CD4count HIV and AIDS
reply_breathing difficulties