Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried I wont get to undetectable
Sep 21, 2008

Hi and firstly thanks for providing such an invaluable service. I was diagnosed HIV+ in Dec 2007 with a huge viral load greater than 3million but with a CD4 of 560. My viral load dropped but never below 1million and unfortunately my CD4 began dropping rapidly to 208. I began Truvada and Sustiva almost 16wks ago now but Im so worried I am not going to get to undetectable. Viral dropped from greater than 1million to 4400 then to 1170 then to 808 and most recently to 168.My CD4 has steadily increased and is now at 710 CD4%27. I know as I started with such a huge VL that it might take longer to drop to undetectable but should I be starting to get even more worried now?. Had resistance test at + diagnosis and was drug suseptable to everything. My dr says to stop worrying but Im petrified Im going to die if nothing works. Thanks for all your help.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

At this point I agree with your doctor. You have had a great response. If on the next set of numbers you are still detectable at a 1000 or so, or higher, than you might need a treatment adjustment. Otherwise, I wouldn't do a thing.

Previous
recent lab results
Next
Hepatitis B

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.