recent lab results

Hi Doctor, further to my previous question regarding my sudden dip in CD4 ( from 600 to what is now 350),I have just received my VL back and it is undetectable (or <50 copies) That has been the case eversince I was disgnosed in 2000. My viral load has never breached 600 hundred copies but my CD4 has remained high too (>500). My consultant has said that it is more likely a glich and that it shoud rebound. I was fighting a food allergy( hives ) at the time and was taking medication that apparently affected my immune system. Could that have anything to do with it. My consultant also told me that as he has never seen my VL spike that I am one of a few % that have immune systems that allow the virus to maintain a presence (albeit a negligableone) in my body but nothing else. It is unable to replicate itself. He did however say that it will change in the future and that there will be a time when I will need to take medication... What is your take on it all .. sorry for longwinded question.. D

I agree with your consultant. Given the number of years you have been infected, the low or undetectable viral load in the absence of HIV treatment, I am not that concerned about the bouncing CD4 count. An allergic reaction could have precipitated the fall.

Atripla Treatment
Worried I wont get to undetectable