Sep 7, 2008
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to know how Genotypes of Hepatitis B are detected and is it necessary to know themm for the treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are blood tests to detect the genotype, usually referred to as HBV genotype A to H. They are geographically diverse around the world. There is some data on treatment response differences between genotypes, however, this is still being sorted out.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.