2 Consecutive Viral Load blips
Sep 7, 2008
I started combination therapy in March 2006 with Combivir and Sustiva.My CD 4 count has always been on the low side and before therapy dropped to 120. Since therepy it has risen to 270 and at the last blood test was 250. With my blood test in July 2008 my viral load had increased to 233.Another test was done in August 2008 and though it had fallen to 178 it still remains dedectable. My clinic are going to advise on what to do next but do you have any suggestions. I have never missed a dose of medication since starting and get on well with the present combintaion.Before these two consecutive blips I had one previously up to 90 but it returned to undetectable.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, some regimens can still fail even with perfect adherence. However, I am not too concerned. It may just need closer watching.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Gay Men
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.