2 Consecutive Viral Load blips

I started combination therapy in March 2006 with Combivir and Sustiva.My CD 4 count has always been on the low side and before therapy dropped to 120. Since therepy it has risen to 270 and at the last blood test was 250. With my blood test in July 2008 my viral load had increased to 233.Another test was done in August 2008 and though it had fallen to 178 it still remains dedectable. My clinic are going to advise on what to do next but do you have any suggestions. I have never missed a dose of medication since starting and get on well with the present combintaion.Before these two consecutive blips I had one previously up to 90 but it returned to undetectable.

Yes, some regimens can still fail even with perfect adherence. However, I am not too concerned. It may just need closer watching.

Analysis of Test
antibody test results ?