confused????

hello, I was recently diagnosed with HIV in April of 2008 and up until 08/08/2008 my CD4 count was low as well as the viral load. Now my CD4 count has rose from 371 to 608 and the viral load has went from 278 to 2881 and I am very confused as to how this process with HIV goes. My cd4 count was taken in May and then again in august as well as the viral load. Im very confused about my labs. Could the fact that i think I was sick have a negative influence on my viral load count and make it higher than it really is. My doc says thats a possibility but I need another persons take on it.

Yes, for those folks not on HIV meds, if you have another ongoing infection, or get an immunization, that can transiently increase your viral load. It's usually good to wait about 4 weeks after an acute infection to redraw the viral load.

My CD 4 is decreasing
Analysis of Test