DNA PCR

I know you are not answering personal testing questions any longer - but the reassurance you can provide through this venue is invaluable; I am rather anxious about some differing information I have gathered on the DNA by PCR test for HIV - I know it is not approved for diagnostic purposes - but after a risky encounter, I felt I could not wait 3 months for antibody testing. The lab where I had the DNA test done told me it was conclusive after 28 days and that no further testing was necessary. But when I consulted other sources - I received various other accounts. Please tell me your opinion on the test and if it were you - would you trust a DNA by PCR result after 30 days exposure as a definitive result? Thanks much in advance

I think you should go back to the lab that ran the test and ask for the information that indicates it is conclusive.

HCV/HIV co-infection and window period
Reactive Elisa, Non-reactive Western Blot