HCV/HIV co-infection and window period

Doctor Can you please clarify a contradiction in what I have read on various reputable sites regarding this issue. 1] At http://www.aids-ed.org/f_pep.html, it is indicated that in the case of health care workers simulataneously exposed to HIV and HCV, that antibodies only became detectable after 6 months in the case of 2.

2]On most sites HCV con-infection is now cited as the new scourge with as many as 30-40 of HIV+ patients also testing positive for HCV.

My question is therefore ... is the six month period still applicable if you were contracted HCV at the same time as HIV ?

Your opinion would be appreciated.

1. I think that is referring to HCV antibodies. 2. That is correct. Many HIV infected patients are coinfected with HCV.

Testing/window/3-months exactly?
DNA PCR