Apr 19, 2001
I have a question that has been bothering me for days and days and I can't seem to find an answer. Do CBC results in any way indicate early HIV infection? Meaning, if one has a low white count that does not come back up (for several weeks) - could that indicate the virus before antibodies are produced; Or does one thing have nothing to do with the other?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Findings on a CBC are very nonspecific and in and of themselves would not indicate HIV infection. Hundreds of different infections, and other medical diseases can cause abnormalities.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.