HIV and MMR Vaccine

I am going back to school and my titer results show that I am immune to mumps but not measles nor german measles. My doctor said they don't even keep live vaccines in the office because they don't give them to people who are HIV. Yet, when I review the CDC recommendations online (along with several other sources), I find a recommendation for a MMR booster as long as the T-cells are above 200, viral load is under control, percent CD4/total is ok, and there are no opportunistic infections. Is my doctor just out of date or is this a matter of personal preference among physicians? I really want to get back into school. Thanks

Your synopsis of the facts and recommendations are correct. Although you don't indicate what your CD4 count or clinical situation is, MMR is recommended in those people with asymptomatic HIV infection and good CD4 counts.

newly dig with HIV but.....
HIV & EBV - What's the risk?