viral tests for hepatitis c
Aug 17, 2008
I just had blood work done and I have hepatitis c. My test hcv rna, qn bdna range 484800 h iu/ml <615 and test hvc rna qn, bdna 5.69 log iu/ml <2.79 do is this high and do I need further testing and what kind?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That viral load is in the low to moderate range. A HCV genotype, liver function tests, and perhaps a liver scan or biopsy to determine the extent of liver damage or involvement of HCV are indicated. You should consult with a liver specialist about the options.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Purple Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.