hepatitas c load test
Aug 17, 2008
I had a hepatitis c viral rna test and the out come was 484800 h iu/ml is this high and do I need more testing and if so what kind?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is in the moderately low range. You need a HCV genotype test, liver function tests, and perhaps a liver scan or biopsy to see what the extent of liver damage there is associated with this infection. It is also helpful to consult with a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Get Hiv If Neither Partner Has Hiv?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Hiv Symptoms One After Another
- Can Breast Milk Transmit Hiv To An Adult?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Oxygen Therapy For Candidiasis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.