What constitutes AIDS?
Aug 17, 2008
Hi doc. I know these days, if the CD4 dips below...250 is it? it's considered AIDS. What if after taking a different medication, or starting a different regimen, the CD4's go above 400. Is that considered having HIV again or is this just a matter of semantics?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Today, more a matter of semantics. If your CD4 count was below 200 and with HIV treatment is now 400, your risk of developing AIDS associated complications because of a weak immune system is almost zero.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.