Metformin for diabetes to treatment lypodystrophy

What meds are available to reverse/reduce the effects of lypodystrophy?? does the medication Metformin work and if so does it have any neg interactions for someone that is not diabetic or just borderline??? can someone take Metformin for this condition?? If not is there something else?? I am fed up with trying to deal with this with exercise/diet only. it is ruining my life and i hate my look; it is in my mid section and i look like i am wearing a spare tire and pregnant. i know that nothing can be done with the enlarged breasts and that i have to deal with them but at least i can get some of my normal look back

Many factors contribute to risks for appearance related to lipodystrophy. Genetics (how do relatives of same or older age look), time with HIV, lower CD4 count nadir, presence of co-morbidiites (such as hepatitis C), as well as certain HIV drugs are all factors in lipodystrophy. There are no easy answers or treatments for many patients which remains a frustrating situation. Use of diabetic meds (metformin or the glitizides) have had variable effect with any positive result being fairly modest with some potentially serious side effects a concern. Growth hormone and growth hormone releasing factor are under study for increased intra-abdominal fat. Switching off potentially contributing meds are an important option for some patients to discuss with their HIV specialist. KH

cd8 in hiv2
Trying to put it together