cd8 in hiv2
Aug 10, 2008
Doctor,please,answer my question,if in hiv 2 cd8 are becoming lower then in hiv1? I have cd8 26.6%,588.and cd19 are 10,8% and cd3+cd4 41%.Thank You.My hivrna is undetectable.Thank You for Your answer.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
CD8 counts in general are somewhat higher in HIV-2 than HIV-1 infection. Your CD8 count is certainly within the range of people with HIV-2 infection. You don't indicate your age, but older people with HIV-2 also have somewhat lower CD8 counts than younger people.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Swallowing Cum?
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Dizziness An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.