Undetectable but CD4 count falling
Aug 10, 2008
I was diagnosed pos in Apr 2007 when admitted to hosp with PCP. Viral load >100,000 CD4 156. Nov 2007 went undetectable CD4 226, have remained undetectable but subsequent CD4 counts have been 211 and this month 195. My doctor says not to worry as the Cd percentage is steady at 7%. What is your opinion? Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although you don't indicate it, I assume you are on HIV treatment, and have been adherent to the HIV treatment regimen. Those are relatively consistent absolute CD4 counts, and given the stable CD4%, I am not too concerned. It is likely that you will see your CD4 improve over time, although slowly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.