CD4 morning

Dear Doctor

I tested positive about a year and a half ago. Have been going to quarterly tests. I always get my blood taken first thing in the morning, within 1,5 hour of waking. I'm now at 330 CD4, but feel fine. Having just read that CD4 figures can be a lot lower after waking, and my doctor said that I should start thinking about treatment, I was wondering if I should get my blood works later in the day to get a more realistic CD4 count?

You don't indicate what your viral load is to also help make the decision. That said, if you have been consistently below 350 in the morning, then I agree with your doctor. I don't think checking an afternoon count will change much in the regards to the big decision on treatment.

Absolute eosinophils
VL Jump