What does a high level of SGBT mean?
Jul 20, 2008
My husband's SGBT has a results of 137 and his GGT is 214. How serious is that and what does that mean. We know he has hep C.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These lab tests are liver enzymes and their elevation indicates that the liver is inflamed as a result of the HCV infection. You need to consult with a liver specialist to determine the extent of HCV involvement in the liver and whether HCV treatment is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea An Ars Symptom?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
- Can Rash Appear After 3 Months Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.