What does a high level of SGBT mean?
Jul 20, 2008
My husband's SGBT has a results of 137 and his GGT is 214. How serious is that and what does that mean. We know he has hep C.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These lab tests are liver enzymes and their elevation indicates that the liver is inflamed as a result of the HCV infection. You need to consult with a liver specialist to determine the extent of HCV involvement in the liver and whether HCV treatment is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
- What Do I Do If My Girlfriend Has Hpv?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.