Recently diagnosed with HIV

I am scared because I was recently diagnosed with HIV 7/11/08.. CD4 count is low in its 60's.. I read somewhere that that means AIDS.. how can it be?? Viral Load is in 160,000 range.. I thought I had the flu but it turned out to be PCP.. I was getting sick all time (not normal for me).. and each time I was getting worst (stress, high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, migraines, shingles, with history of A.L.Leukemia at age two remission since), I demanded my doctor to run ALL immune virus and disorders test all but the HIV came negative.. I have always been a fighter.. I was in the hospital 2 times total of ten days for PCP and is finally starting to clear after about a month. While hospitalized I was monitored by the infectous disease doctor, and am told that treatment is MANDATORY.. What can I expect? I love my life, and miss doing a lot of stuff like hiking.. I dont want to loose my job (hospital security..) My immediate family and partner knows about this.. I don't know where esle to turn for feedback and support..

Yes, that CD4 count is extremely low, and explains why you developed PCP. A CD4 count of < 200 is the definition for AIDS. I agree with your doctor and HIV treatment is required ASAP. The good news is that almost all of this is reversible with HIV meds. Your risk of infections and feeling the way you do will all go away if you stay on your meds. Hiking is very much in your future.

Am I predisposed to Lactic acidosis?
What does a high level of SGBT mean?