how fast does HIV + turn to Aids

My brother just told me he has HIV positive and he found out a year and a half ago. He said he has not gotton any treatment and hasnt been back to the dr.Does this mean it probably aids now or could it still be HIV +? I am really worried. Hes having mouth issues too. He can wipe his finger across his mouth and there will be spicks of blood on his finger,what does that mean? is that related to HIV or Aids? please help me understand.Thankyou for your time.

He absolutely needs to see an HIV specialist and be thoroughly evaluated. Important lab tests that need to be obtained are the HIV viral load (amount of HIV in the blood) and the CD4 count and percent (an important cell that is infected by HIV and required for a normal immune system) to see how damaged the immune system is. A person has AIDS when the CD4 count is < 200 or the CD4% is < 14%. Bleeding in the mouth could be caused by many different medical conditions.

VIral Load over 10 Million
dvt + tb