Jun 30, 2008
would hiv 2 be dectect with a hiv1 dna test. thank you .
Response from Dr. McGowan
There is no commercially available blood test that will detect HIV-2 viral load levels.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When To Expect Candidiasis To Die Off?
- Hiv Transmission Through The Nose
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.