|HCV-RNA by Real Time PCR (Abbott m2000)
Jun 29, 2008
PCR Test result (Quantative)was 718.027 IU/ml, what does it means? Is this means that the infection is chronic/high/low or others? and what kind of treatment is appropraite for the case?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Assuming this is not acute infection, it means you have chronic HCV infection. That viral load is low for this infection. Treatment is determined by many factors including type of HCV, extent of liver damage, among others. You need to consult a liver specialist about this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
- What If You Have Pimples On Your Lips Is That A Sign Of A Std?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.