Jun 29, 2008
my 10 yr old son tested positive to hep c his RNA RT-PCR is 4.5 LOG IU/ml CLIA is 2.0 ng/ml his ALT(GPT) is 54 and AST(GOT) is 46 please tell me what all this means.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You need to consult a pediatric liver specialist. These labs indicate infection with hepatitis C virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Gave A Guy A Handjob Hiv Risk
- How Long Before Antibodies Are Detected?
- How Much Do Hiv Medicines Cost Without Insurance?
- How Serious Is Unprotected Sex Between HIV Positive People?
- Is Shortness Of Breath Sign Of Hiv Infection?
- Is There An Immediate Notification If Positive HIV Test Result?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.