Rash

I seroconverted in late mid-January of this year ('08), the only symptoms were persistent low grade temp and one bad nightsweat, but I suspected HIV infection and tested indeterminant. A viral load count revealed a very high viral load of 106,000. Subsequent blood work in mid-march revealed CD4 count of 750 and viral load of 7,000. I have recently developed a rash on my abdomen that is the size of a quarter. It is not itchy and is barely raised and discolored. Being newly infected, I'm a little hypersensitive. What could cause a rash and do I need to see a doc about this or can it wait till my next appointment on July 2nd.

Thanks very much for your answer and all of the good work that you do.

From your description, this unlikely a rash secondary to acute HIV infection. It is hard to know what such a localized rash could be without seeing it. Most things like this resolve on their own. If it persists or more start popping up then I would go see your doctor.

Caffine, Meds, and Bones
Viral load