hep B surface antibody negative

I completed the 3 shots of hep B vaccination about 6 years ago. I didn't check if the vaccine was working after the third shot at that time. Recently, I have done a hep B antigen and surface antibody test. I found that the hep B surface antibody test was non reactive. Why was that? If I was vaccinated, I should have a positive result on the hep B surface antibody test. Is it possible that the surface antibody will go down a couple years after the initial vaccination? Am I still vaccinated? Thanks a lot.

In a small minority of people, they may not show evidence of surface antibody, even after the three injections. This could be related to HIV status and the degree of immune suppression (how low the CD4 count is). Some times a booster shot (or giving it intradermally as opposed to intramuscularly) can bring the level back up to detectable levels. People in this situation has some level of protection against HBV.

Slightly elevated AST and ALT
keeping you posted (seventh labs)