V/L "Blip"?

Diagnosed June '07. v/l then was 298,000 and t cells at 375. started HAART Feb '08, Truvada/Kaletra at my pushing. Age 50/great health so likely minimal side effects.

Jan '08 v/l was 41,000. 5 weeks after meds v/l dropped to 367 and tcells flat at 350 but % increased 4 pts. 6 weeks later v/l at 167 and t% up to 21%. Just tested another 5 weeks later and t cells at 458! % up again but v/l didn't drop as I had hoped on the path to undetectable but instead went to 225 and from log 2.2 to 2.4.

since I've not yet made undetectable, is this normal on the progression scale?

my dr is on vacation to Europe for a week so I'm calm but just curious as to what might be going on. Sometimes I think this site is great when people share their experiences on HAART and the conflicting lab results that come back.

Appreciate the insight as always...you guys are the best! I'm acknowledging next Monday's 1 yr anniversary of viral enhanced by smiling and realizing that despite what I thought the first few hours/days of diagnosis, life goes on and I WILL make the best of every day.

Carpe diem to all!

I am not concerned. You are on a very potent regimen and your baseline viral load was not that high. Some times it can take up to 6 months or so to get to < 50 copies/mL. This is actually not a blip, in that you have not been undetectable yet to see the viral load blip. The scenarios are: 1) you will get there this next time; 2) you are stalled at a very low, but detectable viral load, which might require treatment modification; or 3) the viral load will rebound, which might indicate some drug resistance, and treatment modification would also be in order.

liver numbers
Slightly elevated AST and ALT