Jun 8, 2008
Does a neg Riba test confirm a fale + screening test for Hcv? many thanks for your help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A positive HCV RIBA will confirm a positive screening EIA antibody test, or a negative HCV RIBA will rule out HCV infection in someone with a positive EIA screening test. Neither test will determine whether someone is chronically infected with HCV. That requires a HCV viral load test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Has Any One Ever Been Infected In A Strip Club
- Hiv Dna Pcr Test After 4 Weeks
- How Long After Ars Will A Person Test Positive?
- Is There A Record Of People Infected Through Breast Sucking?
- Penis Was Touching The Inside Of The Toilet HIV Risk
- South Carolina Law For Disclosure Of HIV To Partner
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.